Tenure: Full-Time, Permanent
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Reports to: Lead Hand
Start Date: Jan 2018
Number of Hires
1 x Day Shift: Mon-Fri, 7am-3:30pm - $17.50/hr
1 x Afternoon shift: Mon-Fri, 3pm-11:30pm - $18.25/hr
- Training will be for 2-3 weeks and only will be done Mon-Fri from 8am-5pm. Once training is completed, they would move to their regular day or afternoon shifts.
- The Metal Works Operator is responsible for the hands on safe operation of equipment in the metal works department. The operator follows standard operating procedures and work instructions to ensure the productivity and quality of production.
- Provides routine maintenance to equipment, assists in trouble shooting and continuous improvement. Reports equipment and tooling conditions, operating and maintenance recommendations to ensure safe and efficient operating state.
- Opens and completes work orders, documents production, performs quality inspections.
- Committed to work and willing to learn
- Comfortable working in a manufacturing environment
- Has worked as a machine operator in a manufacturing environment is ideal
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and power tools
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs throughout the day
- Be proficient at operating equipment
- Read and follow Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions
- Review tooling drawings and blueprints
- Maintain tools and supplies in good working order
- Maintain work area in a clean state and free from obstructions (6S)
- Involved in Quick Changeover Program
- Upgrade tooling and trouble shoot production issues pertaining to dies/press set ups
- Open work orders, document production, maintain attainment boards
- Report non-conformance of all production
- Ensure the Company’s quality policies and procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Perform quality inspections
- Maintain all measuring equipment, inspection fixtures and visual aids
- Promote safe work practices as outlined in the Ontario’s Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Strive for Zero-time lost accidents
- Pay special attention to all company safety SOP and equipment safety features
- Participate in training as required by company or Lead Hand.